Namibia Classic - Motorbike tour
The very first established route of Gravel Travel, refined over the years which offers a fantastic impression across Namibia. As it is even suitable for the less experienced, this motorcycle is still our most famous one. This tour recently had been slightly modified in favour of more desert experience.
If you are seeking the “complete” Namibian experience, then this 14-day motorcycle tour is the right choice for you! In the first week we explore the southern parts of Namibia down to the Orange River (bordering river to South Africa). This includes the Kalahari and Namib deserts, the Fish River Canyon as well as the famous Sossusvlei with world highest dunes.
Upon arrival in Swakopmund you have reached the central Atlantic coastal region and from there on we explore the northwestern part of the country. You pass the impressive Brandberg massif and discover an enormously manifold nature scenery of the rugged and yet romantic Damaraland with its free roaming African wildlife. A luxurious stay on the private game reserve of Mount Etjo Safari Lodge completesa wonderful motorbike tour with a fantastic safari experience.
Great places along the tour and the well selected accommodations in their unique settings serve many opportunities to relax and revive. A stay at the Windhoek Mountain Lodge before and after the tour will round off this comprehensive and extensive Namibian Adventure.
14 riding days/17 travel days. Sliding gravel roads, winding mountain passes, effortless sandy passageways, basic Enduro-terrain, daily stages of between 250 and 350km. Please also notice our remarks on offroad driving abilities here…
Namibia Classic - Tour track
- Day 1: Travel to Namibia
- Day 2: Windhoek Mountain Lodge - Introduction
- Day 3: Auas Mountains – Kalahari Desert
- Day 4: Kalahari Desert – Gariganus
- Day 5: Gariganus – Orange River
- Day 6: Orange River – Aus
- Day 7: Aus – Namib Naukluft
- Day 8: Namib Naukluft & mountain passes trip
- Day 9: Trip to Sossusvlei – Kobo Kobo Hills
- Day 10: Kobo Kobo Hills & surrounding countryside
- Day 11: Kobo Kobo Hills – Swakopmund
- Day 12: Swakopmund – Uis
- Day 13: Uis – Grootberg
- Day 14: Grootberg – Mount Etjo
- Day 15: Mount Etjo – Auas Mountains (Windhoek Mountain Lodge)
- Day 16: Return Flight from Namibia
- Day 17: Arrival Frankfurt/Germany