Damaraland - Motorbike tour
The „Damaraland Tour“ is completely new in our programm: with a much more offroad character this tour may be considered and serves as perfect warm-up introduction for our most challenging „Kaokoland Tour“. Both mentioned tours are conducted with the light-weight model of Yamaha WR250R.
The Damaraland – in the northwestern Namibia – is probably one of the most beautiful landscapes: wild, lonesame, rough, harsh and manifold. There are smallest farm tracks and remote trails that serve amazing impressions and demand more riding skills than on the „normal“ gravel roads – thus an ideal introduction tour for our famous „Kaokoland Tour“ that you may have in focus for future time. The lighter Yamaha WR250 is very comfortable to ride and perfectly made for this kind of offroad riding on smaller tracks and rocky terrains.
The tour embraces many highlights, stunning comfortable lodgings and diverse impressions of this central northwestern part of Namibia: across central highlands and farmlands of Khomas Hochland, it first leads into the legendary Namib Desert before it turns north to Erongo Mountains, Spitzkoppe and Brandberg Mountain. The tour leads mainly through central and up to northernmost Damaraland bordering Etosha NP and turns back through wonderful sceneries of Huab River and Ugab Terraces until finally visit a large game reserve at Mount Etjo.
Tour profile: 11 riding days/14 travel days. Gravel roads, fairly remote dirt tracks with easy to rough enduro terrain. Daily stages of between 250 and 350km. Total distance approx. 2600 km. Please mind our information concerning riding skills here.
Damaraland - Tour track
- Day 1: Travel to Namibia
- Day 2: Windhoek - Auas Mountains (Introduction)
- Day 3: Auas Mountains (Windhoek Mountain Lodge) - Rostock Ritz
- Day 4: Rostock Ritz & surrounding countryside
- Day 5: Rostock Ritz – Erongo Mountains
- Day 6: Erongo – Uis
- Day 7: Uis – Twyfelfontein
- Day 8: Twyfelfontein - Kamanjab
- Day 9: Kamanjab – Aba Huab River
- Day 10: Aba Huab River - Vingerklip
- Day 11: Vingerklip – Mount Etjo
- Day 12: Mount Etjo – Windhoek
- Day 13: Return Flight from Namibia
- Day 14: Arrival in Germany